This blog post details the OFFICIAL rules for GBWC CANADA 2018. It is taken from their official website and is provided here for your convenience.
GUNPLA BUILDERS WORLD CUP 2018 REGULATION
■Host Countries and Regions
16 countries and regions
Japan, China, South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia, Australia, Italy, France, Vietnam, USA, Canada
GBWC2018 will be held after May 2018 in each country/region.
Application deadline and dates of preliminary competitions vary by location.
Details will be published on GUNDAM. Info.
Open Category: ages 15 and up (Date of birth : Before December 31st, 2003)
*Minor entrants must have parent or legal guardian’s consent.
The criteria for judging will be its craftsmanship, painting and idea (concept) .
■World Championship Competition
Winners from each of the national competitions will be entered into the World Championship competition in Japan at the end of this year.
(The GBWC2018 World Finals will be held at Gundam Base Tokyo in Japan on December. Details will be announced later.)
(One winner in each of the Open and Junior categories per country)
Entries to the competition can be made via either Website entry or Walk-in entry.
Repeat entries may be disqualified.
One winner will be selected by a group of judges from BANDAI including Master Kawaguchi. The winner will receive a paid trip to the International competition.
- Walk-in entry
please check this URL.
- Website entry
Please upload three images of your model via Website entry form. All the images must follow the criteria listed below.
- Image 1 (front view): Front facing image of the model.
- Image 2 (back view): Back facing image of the model.
- Image 3 (supplementary picture): Selling point of the model.
- Walk-in entry
All images must be 2MB or smaller, must be in JPEG format.
- Please make sure that the images are of good quality. Entries with low quality images may be disqualified.
- Contestants are fully responsible for any cost of internet access and data fees for entry.
The models will be evaluated and the world champion will be selected by the group of judges from BANDAI including Master Kawaguchi, the editors from Model kit magazin and secret judgement. *secret judgement will be released later.
- National competition
The following prizes will be given to each of the separate category winners from first to third place.
- HGUC RX-78-2 GUNDAM SMOKE BLACK CLEAR Ver.
- The first place winners in national competitions
One winner from each of the categories
- Plaque (It will be given at the World Championship)
- GBWC 2018 World Championship entry qualification (Paid trip to the competition including accommodation)
- Open category national competition winners will be awarded with a round trip to the World Championship competition in Japan,
including travel and accommodation costs paid for by BANDAI.
- BANDAI is not responsible for additional traveling costs other than the ones listed above.
World Championship Open Category 1st place: GBWC 2018 gold trophy and prize.
World Championship Open Category 2nd place: GBWC 2018 silver trophy and prize.
World Championship Open Category 3rd place: GBWC 2018 bronze trophy and prize.
- To be eligible to enter to the competition, an individual entrant must reside in the areas of the competition at the time of entry.
- The Grand Final will be held in Japan this December.
- Participants are required to have a valid travel visa to Japan to participate in the GBWC Grand Finals in Japan. Failure to do so would lead to disqualification.
- Minor entrants must have guardian’s consent.
- The model must be created with plastic model original kits by BANDAI.
- Limit of one entry per person. (If both web and carry-in entries are available at your location, please choose one)
- The model must be made by the entrant.
- The model must be in dimensions no larger than 50cm x 50cm x 50cm. (19.68in x 19.68in x 19.68in)
- Contestant who join GBWC, acknowledge the rules and regulation of the contest.
- A part which is made by 3D printer will be not judged.
- The model must be created with plastic model original kits by BANDAI.
(Use of copied and counterfeit products, licensor unauthorized GUNDAM/GUNPLA accessory products are prohibited.)
- Contestant work, description and other details which are against any rules and regulation from this contest will be forfeited from the contest without any prior notice.
- BANDAI has the right to disqualify the entry or delete images from the website if the model is or may be considered as listed below.
- Use of copied and counterfeit products are prohibited.
- We prohibit the entry of a works which encroach or may encroach upon any third party’s portrait rights, intellectual property rights such as copyright and any other rights.
(i.e.: No company logos, trademarks, or product lettering (etc.) may be used (unless prior permission has been obtained from the rights-holder).
The entrant will be fully responsible for its settlement as well as any cost which may occur in case of any disputes resulting from the submitted models. The entrant is also responsible for compensations for any damages for BANDAI and or the third parties.
- Work which is contrary to morality or public order.
- Work which contains personal information.
- Work which contains slanderous expressions toward certain persons or groups.
- Inappropriate works which is not consistent with the purpose of this competition.
- Work which is mimicked or copied off of someone else’s work.
- You may be disqualified from the World Championship if the work has been significantly altered or modified after winning Web entry or national competition. BANDAI reserved all the rights to its decision.
- Any commercial using the name of [GBWC] is not allowed.
- Contestants who have break any of the rules and regulation, the organizer has all rights to disqualify the winner and collect all prizes that were rewarded.
- Organizer will contact the contestant directly if an investigation is needed.
- If the contestant is un-contactable, the work will be forfeited.
- During the investigation contestant are require to send photos for more reference.
- If the contestant is unable to provide the photos, the work will be forfeited.
- Contestant that uses any copyrights background/character that will damage the 3rd parties’ brand, may not be able to join the contest or ask to remove the content.
- Contestant may need to seek for approval if they’re using any 3rd parties’ background that they purchase online or from any search engines.
- Contestant is allowed to use their past work that took part in other contest. But contestant may need to seek approval from the previous contest organizer.
■Handling of the submitted work
Submitted images of your work will not be returned.
- Winning works of Web entry and the national competitions
The work will be returned to you 12 to 18 months after the competition for contest judging, event display and photo shoots.
BANDAI will not pay for any rental/withholding fee for this period.
Please keep your work for one year after we return it to you.
Winning works may be asked to be displayed at future events etc.
BANDAI is not responsible for any traveling costs associated with the personal collection of your work.
- Non winning works will be returned after judging.
BANDAI will not bear any responsible for any damage or loss which occurs during shipping.
The organizer will be extremely careful while handling your work, but we cannot fully guarantee its safety.
■Use of submitted work by BANDAI and others
By entering, contestants agree to BANDAI and others who are appointed by BANDAI (us) to use submitted works (photograph, title, comments, winning models’ images taken by us, images which were sent to us for the final judging and actual winning pieces) for the purposes listed below.
Contestants also agree to us deciding to release or not to release entrants’ name, age, area of residency
(states, prefecture and or equivalent to it) as information regarding the entrants.
- Publishing in BANDAI Hobby website, GUNDAM.INFO, other websites and publications
(including domestic/international TVCM) which are operated/created by us.
- Publishing in mediums such as hobby magazines.
- Displaying at various events.
- Publishing in other forms for the purpose of promoting this competition and Gunpla.
Contestants agree to us altering images by adjusting colors, cropping, correcting typographical errors
in comments and title, editing comments etc. for the purposes listed above.
The organizer will be extremely careful while handling your work, but we cannot fully guarantee its condition upon return.
- By entering the competition, entrants agree to BANDAI using personal information in the conditions listed below.
- Managing entries to this competition.
- Contacting entrants to verify and/or to inform winning announcements as well as inquiry correspondence.
- Displaying the submitted work with the contestant’s name etc., as well as other purposes for using works.
- We do not share contestant’s private information with third parties without entrants’ agreement or under conditions
that are necessary for fulfilling legal obligations, and to use for publications and other things that are listed on the official rules.
BANDAI Hobby products department
Please click here to register for GBWC2018